Friday, January 28, 2011

Winter Cake



I was asked to make a cake for the ice festival. I had no idea what to do. I made a little Jack Frost (my favorite part of the cake) and then I added "ice sculpture" snow flakes. I made the snow flakes out of candy that I crushed and melted in the oven, I then cut it out with a cookie cutter while it was still hot. The finished cake had 4 snow flakes on the top but I was unable to get a picture with all 4 flakes. The little Jack Frost is made with mm fondant. He took quite a while to make but well worth it. He is so cute! It doesn't really show up in the picture but he is dusted with shimmer dust so he sparkles - very Jack Frost like. I took these pictures at night so they are not the best. The cake even looks a bit pink although it is really white.












No comments:

Post a Comment