Friday, June 17, 2011

Graduation cake 4

I was asked to make a cake for a graduation with the theme of "grown up little girl", Steelers fan and moving to Pittsburgh. It took quite a lot of thinking and discussion with family to come up with an idea. They specifically wanted a book so I made it in pink to reflect the grown up little girl theme. You can't really tell in the picture but the book has flowers piped onto the cover. The Steelers pennant is hand painted. I think it came out OK. The suitcase is to represent moving. It must look pretty realistic because Katie tried to pick it up by the handle. I must admit that I freaked out for a minute when she ripped the handle off the cake and broke it in half. I managed to fix it and I think it looks alright. Hope they like the cake!



1 comment:

  1. THE CAKE WAS WONDERFUL! THANK YOU SO MUCH! - Jen Jones...recipient of the cake!

    ReplyDelete