Saturday, September 3, 2011

Teddy bear in a box



This baby shower cake came out pretty cute-not perfect- but cute. The Bear's head is rice Krispie treats covered in fondant. The box lid is made from gum paste and then "glued" together with royal icing. I thought the box lid would be very fragile and I was nervous to transport the cake but I was wrong. The lid is surprisingly durable. I didn't have a single problem with it falling apart like I thought I would. I am the queen of crooked, so anything that needs to be really super straight, like a box, is always going to be a challenge for me. So, despite my crooked tendencies I think the cake came out pretty cute! The little rubber duckie and the ball were an after thought but I think they were just what the cake needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment