Friday, January 25, 2013

Hawaiian Beach Birthday Cake

For this cake I was asked to make a Hawaiian beach cake similar to the first Hawaiian beach cake that I made a few years ago.  I really love the lei around the bottom.  I think it makes the cake have the Hawaiian feel rather than just being a plain old beach cake. I have put palm trees on several of my cakes and every time I make one I love them.  The trunk is just a pretzel rod and the leaves are gum paste. 
                                 The kite was put on to cover a little dent-  I do like the kite so, I'm glad for the dent or I wouldn't have thought to put the kite on the cake.
                         



The little blue lump there is sunscreen.
It says SPF 30 on the little label. I painted the Happy Birthday words onto the fondant.
 I did this with the "Happy Fall Y'all" cake too.  Painting words on is my new favorite!


No comments:

Post a Comment