Friday, April 22, 2011

Tulip Cake


Anyone who knows me knows that I like tulips. I was asked to make a round cake decorated for spring. To me spring is tulips so here is my cake. I made the tulips from gumpaste and frosted the cake with swiss meringue butter cream. This was my first try with swiss meringue butter cream. I have read that Duff uses swiss meringue on his cakes and that made me want to try it. It is nice to work with but it tastes so buttery I'm not sure I'll use it again. The plus side of swiss meringue is that it doesn't take powdered sugar so if I am ever out of powdered sugar I could still make frosting. This picture is a little blurry but it is the best angle of the cake. I put big stars on the top and bottom of the cake. Tim said it looked like cottage cheese- maybe it does but I like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment