Saturday, November 20, 2010

Fire Engine cake






























For this baby shower cake I was given pictures of some fire fighter crib bedding and was asked to make a cake using the bedding as a guide. The bedding is super cute so it was hard to make a cake like it. The fire engine in white almond cake with raspberry filling and the bottom cake is half white almond/raspberry and half chocolate/vanilla buttercream. Everything is mm fondant. It took me about 10 hours to decorate this cake. It looks so simple I don't know why it took so long. Even though it took a long time to make I think it came out so great. Did you notice the licence plate? It says Baby. The details on the dog and firefighter and some of the truck are hand painted. Really a cute cake. It's almost too bad that they have to cut it!






1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting the pictures. I am about to make a fire engine cake too, and your pictures are very helpful. All my cakes take 10 hours to decorate too. I wish I knew how to cut the time.

    ReplyDelete